|“||We gotta put a bell on you, boy.||”|
|— Raven to Levi|
Booker enlists Levi and Tess to help him convince Nia of his newfound abilities to see into the future. Meanwhile, Raven’s latest vision involves a family disagreement that leads her to meddle in her kids’ life at school.
Raven Baxter and her childhood friend, Chelsea Grayson are now living together in an apartment in Chicago after both of their marriages failed. Raven had been married to Devon Carter and blessed with two twins - Nia and Booker. They recently parted ways in a friendly divorce. Chelsea had married Garrett and got one child, Levi. But then Garrett later got arrested for financial fraud, leading to separation with Chelsea. To help support each other raise their kids, Chelsea has moved in to live in Raven's apartment.
To accommodate Chelsea, Nia has given up her bedroom and agreed to sleep on the couch in the living room. This gives Booker an opportunity to beat Nia to the bathroom in the morning, leading to an awkward bathroom scene.
After the awkward bathroom scene, Raven and Chelsea prepare their kids for school. Raven seems to give more attention to Booker and ignoring Nia. She says that she has to give more special attention to Booker because Nia is more mature and can take care of herself. She then gets a vision and sees Nia complaining about how everything is about Booker. At that point, she becomes determined to prove to Nia that she doesn't have a favorite child.
Nia, Booker, Levi and their neighbor/friend, Tess arrive at school. When Booker starts bragging to them, Nia and Tess walk off. Booker then gets his first vision. He sees Levi stuck in a giant trumpet. He doesn't really understand what's happening. He tells Levi about it. A few seconds later, Levi accidentally falls and gets his butt stuck in a giant trumpet exactly like Booker's vision. They conclude that Booker must have somehow seen the future. They later tell Nia and Tess about it. Tess is more open to believe in psychics but Nia refuses to believe Booker. She says that it's just another made up story by Booker.
Later that night, Booker, Levi and Tess try without success to convince Nia that the visions are real. Booker then gets another vision in which Nia gets hit with a heavy bag at the gym. They have to warn Nia but since she wouldn't believe them, Tess and Booker come up with a plan to fake a vision. Unfortunately, Nia catches them and concludes that they're lying.
Nia becomes frustrated not only because of Booker's "lie" but also because Raven is making her very uncomfortable with her attempts to prove that she doesn't favor Booker. As the fight between Nia and Booker escalates, Nia complains that everything is about Booker, Booker just like in Raven's vision. Raven then gets a vision where the Principal says "You're suspended." She assumes that the kids are going to get suspended for fighting.
The next day at school, Nia and Booker are paired together in a tennis doubles tournament in gym. Booker freaks out because this is the exact gym setting he saw in the vision. He knows Nia is going to get hurt. He tries to warn Nia again but she doesn't listen. Meanwhile, Raven sneaks into the gym to help ensure the kids don't fight and get suspended.
Unfortunately, Raven's involvement leads to chaos during which she causes a heavy bag to swing almost hurting Booker. Booker is surprised that the bag hit him and not Nia like in his vision. But then the bag swings back and hits Nia really hard. It drags her across the floor all the way outside. Booker rushes outside to rescue his twin sister. Nia apologizes for not believing Booker's vision.
Raven is relieved to see the kids make up. She thinks she's prevented the suspension vision. But then, Principal Wentworth comes over and suspends Raven from the school grounds for three weeks for hurting to gym teacher. After school, Raven has a real conversation with Nia to make sure that Nia knows she doesn't favor Booker.
The kids agree to keep Booker's vision a secret. They can't even tell Raven. Apparently, Raven Baxter would never understand psychic visions.
- Raven-Symoné as Raven Baxter
- Issac Brown as Booker Baxter
- Navia Robinson as Nia Baxter
- Jason Maybaum as Levi Grayson
- Sky Katz as Tess
- Anneliese van der Pol as Chelsea Grayson
- Leslie David Baker as Principal Wentworth
- Nia is sleeping on the couch in this episode. Her living situation and lack of privacy becomes the main plot in the next episode, Big Trouble in Little Apartment.
- Devon picks up the kids to school in this episode. He is finally seen in the next episode when he comes to pick them and enters the Raven's apartment.
- This was the first appearance of Raven Baxter since Cory in the House, and Chelsea Daniels since That's So Raven.
- This was the first episode of Raven's Home.
- Accordingly, Raven-Symoné during the first four seconds of the show's opening, stated that the episode was live-taped.
- The episode premiered right after the Disney Channel Original Movie, Descendants 2.
- This is the third Disney Channel series set in Chicago, after Shake It Up and I Didn't Do It.
- Devon Carter and Tanya Baxter were mentioned but not named. Devon's mother was also referenced at the same time as Tanya.
- It was revealed that Raven's ex-husband, Devon dropped Nia and Booker both to school.
- The premiere scored 3.5 million viewers making it the most watched premiere since 2015.
- Booker stated both his grandmothers are alive, indicating that his father Devon's parents were legally divorced, before his grandfather re-married and moved to Seattle.
- It was revealed that Raven is working a full time job, and not as an intern like in That's So Raven. Her full job was be revealed in The Baxters Get Bounced.
- Chelsea's mother, Joni is mentioned, but not named in this episode. It's also the only time in the first season in which there's any reference to her.
- Revealed early in this episode, Raven's favorite was Booker, but after realizing Nia's insecurities, she and Booker are both Raven's favorites.
- Principal Wentworth suspended Raven from attending George Washington Carver Community School.
- Tess believed in psychics.
- Bits and Pieces, the sneak peek was shown during this episode, but not Privacy.
- Live Louder, a song performed by African-Australian singer, Nathaniel was performed as a dance party.
- The Dab was referenced at the start of the episode, through Booker and so as Raven, at the end.
| The image gallery for Baxter's Back! may be viewed here.