|“||I mean, I may not be good at laundry, you know, or cooking, but I can redecorate a bedroom, like a boss!||”|
|— Chelsea to Nia|
Now that Chelsea is living with the Baxters, everyone seems to be happy except Nia. Raven gets to live with her best friend; and Booker gets to have a little brother roommate, Levi to play with. But Nia had to give up her bedroom and start sleeping on the couch, with zero privacy. She tells Tess that she doesn't like sleeping on couch but is trying to put up with the situation to make everyone else happy.
Devon, Raven's ex-husband, comes to pick up the kids in the morning and tells them that he has a big interview coming up. Raven and Devon say that even though they're divorced, they're still friends and happy to be raising their kids together.
Meanwhile, Booker is trying his best to impress Levi. After running out of games to play, Levi mentions that he used to have a trampoline. Booker asks Raven for a trampoline but she refuses. When Booker gets a vision of Levi moving out, he becomes more determined than ever to get a trampoline for their bedroom. So, Booker sneaks past his mom and orders a trampoline online for same day delivery.
Nia's privacy concerns are escalated when Raven starts embarrassing her by holding Nia's bra and telling everyone about it. While Booker is trying to impress Levi so that he doesn't move out, Nia tries talking to him about her situation. But Booker doesn't have time for her. No one seems to have time for Nia. So, Nia is left with just one option. She leaves.
After realizing that Nia is missing, Raven and Booker track her to the expensive Parlez Vouz Cafe. They sneak into the cafe and hide behind the bushes and objects to spy on Nia. It turns out that Nia is meeting up with her dad, Devon. She tells Devon about the living situation. She asks to move in with him. Devon reveals that he passed the interview and got the job. But the job is in Dallas. So, if Nia were to move in with him, she would have to leave town and the rest of the family. Raven and Booker's spying is jeopardized when Booker messes the coffee machine. They're forced to leave.
Later that evening, Raven and Nia talk about Nia's living situation. They agree to figure it out together. But then Chelsea has even better news. She reveals that she sold Booker and Levi's unauthorized trampoline and bought a bunked bed so that she can move into Raven's bedroom. This way, Nia gets her old bedroom back.
- Raven-Symoné as Raven Baxter
- Anneliese van der Pol as Chelsea Grayson
- Navia Robinson as Nia Baxter
- Issac Brown as Booker Baxter
- Jason Maybaum as Levi Grayson
- Sky Katz as Tess O'Malley
- Jonathan McDaniels as Devon Carter
- Nia's living situation is finally addressed in this episode after being hinted at in Baxter's Back!.
- Devon's storyline of moving to Dallas is introduced in this episode. He eventually moves in The Bearer of Dad News.
- Jonathan McDaniels reprises his role as Raven's husband, Devon, from That's So Raven.
- The title is a play on the cult film, Big Trouble In Little China.
- Nia asks Devon to move with him, and he was happy to accept, although his job offer was positioned to be in Dallas.
- Booker tried to make Levi as home as possible.
- The Bearer of Dad News is the next episode following on from this after the cliffhanger of which Devon moves to Dallas.
- Although, The Baxters Get Bounced is the next episode, cutting off the arc.
- "Raven's Home was shot under a live studio audience" has a different emphasis to the previous episode.
- Booker gets a vision of Levi moving out.
| The image gallery for Big Trouble in Little Apartment may be viewed here.